Has arrived the new Commodore Multimedia Breakout for C64! (will working with C128, C128D, SX-64 too) Pictures speak louder than few words:
This small gadget makes popular connectors to the bottom of your Commodore 64! It contains right the following connectors:
- DIN 262º special CNC forged metal connector to the computer side
- composite RCA for video out
- 2x RCA for stereo/doublemono (it can change via the jumper on the panel – stereo sound option from the DIN connector pin7)
- S-VIDEO female connector for video out
- 3,5″ jack for headphones (stereo or doublemono)
There is an option on the panel to a 300/330Ω smd resistor (package: 0805 SMD) for the modern LED TV using (default is shorted). Also another option the DIN pin5 to solder to the ground. This hack for the SID noise reduction, but somebody loves this mod, somebody hate this, your choice! Default is opened.
Some minor note: Commodore 326298 mainboards has five pins inside the DIN connector, so no chroma/luma output, the S-VIDEO connector not working with these mainboards, but of course the composite working well!
Panel made from high quality parts, like individually metal forged DIN 262º connector, LUMBERG made RCA connectors, metal S-VIDEO and jack connectors. PCB color: dark graphite/black!